PhD, Sociology and Anthropology Department, Ben Gurion University.
M.A. Department of Labor Studies in the Organizational Consulting and Human Resources Management track (1985) at Tel Aviv University (thesis cum laude). She is a graduate of Bar-Ilan University (cum laude) in criminology and political science (1982) and a graduate of the National Security College (2000). She is a graduate of the Open University’s Consulting and Organizational Development Program (Tafnit)
2014 Menachem Begin Heritage Center, Liberal Nationalism Researchers Program, research group member
Since 2010 Curriculum director, lecturer, and teacher, The Israel Leadership in Institute
2007-2010 Consultant on situation assessment processes, leadership development, and national decision.
* Consulting on the development and construction of a national situation assessment program for the National Security Council (2008/2009)
* Member of the round table for the design of national situation assessment program for Reut Institute
* Member of the steering committee and the development team on global leadership training, SGLA Center (Sustainable Global Leadership Academy).
* Editor-in Chief of the Anashim, a journal published by the Israeli Society for Human Resources Management, Research and Development.
* Member of the board, the public involvement committee, and the professional HR certification committee in Israel.
Since 2009 Coordinator, Israel National Security College Alumni Association
Since 2008 Director, The Company for the Restitution of Sewage Water
2004-2007 Chief instructor (Colonel), The National Security College, IDF
2003-2004 Group instructor on military defense studies and instructor in the leadership program (Colonel), The National Security College, IDF
2000-2003 Head of the Behavioral Sciences Department (Colonel), Human Resources Division, IDF
1996-1999 Head of the Senior Officer Assessment Branch (Lieutenant Colonel), Human Resources Division, IDF
O. Ben-Ishai. “From Leadership to Leading – How the Senior Management Backbone in Israeli Government is Trained.” In On Military Leadership, ed. P. Yehezkeli, pp. 113-137. Tel Aviv: Ministry of Defense, 2007.
O. Ben-Ishai & M. Seligman. “Say Yes to the Old Man: On the Image of Leadership in the Twenty-first Century,” Status, 2010, November.
O. Ben-Ishai. “The Civilian Service as an Alternative Alongside Military Service. A Position Paper.” Presented at The Scenario of a Compulsory Civilian Service seminar, the Military Community of the Israeli Sociological Society and the Institute for the Research of Policy, Political Economics and Society of the Open University, 2013. firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com